Clement Park was built by Jefferson County Open Space in 1987 with funds from the county-wide open space tax. In 1989, it was leased to Foothills Park & Recreation District for management purposes. The Park is currently owned by Jefferson County Open Space and is managed by Foothills. The park site used to be part of the Grant Family Ranch and was purchased from the Grant Family for park purposes.
The park is a heavily used facility for many community events, sporting events, passive and active activities and hosts over 800,000 visitors per year. As a result, over the 25+ years of use, the park has been ‘loved to death’ and is showing its age throughout the facility. Recognizing this aging and deterioration, the District received a planning grant from Jefferson County Open Space to develop a Redevelopment Master Plan, which engaged the community and developed ideas for a redeveloped park.
Since the Clement Park Master Plan was adopted by the Board of Directors in late 2013, Foothills staff have been working hard to identify some funding sources to address some of the elements outlined in the plan. To date, Foothills Park & Recreation District has secured $8,357,300 for projects in the park. Of this amount, $4,000,000 was received through grant processes with Jefferson County Open Space; $1,000,000 from District reserves generated from the sale of vacant land, and $3,000,000 from the refinancing of District debt. The District also applied for and received a grant from Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) in the amount of $350,000, specifically to rebuild the interactive water play fountain on the east side of the park. In addition, the South Jeffco Sports Association contributed $5,000 and the Foothills Foundation contributed $2,300. With these funds, the District will be addressing, in phases, the following areas and features of the park:
- New irrigation system on the sports fields, new irrigation pump station and new water intake pipe. (This phase was completed spring, 2016.)
- Rebuilding the concession restroom building and core plaza in the center of the softball/baseball fields.
- New, energy efficient ball field lighting.
- Rebuilding the interactive water play area.
- Redeveloping the Amphitheater Area including new irrigation, amphitheater enhancements, and sidewalk/promenade improvements.
- Installing new energy efficient lighting for parking lots and pathways.
- Restroom Restoration on the east side of the park and near the amphitheater.
- Rebuilding and installing new irrigation on Field 5 multipurpose field.
- Improving water quality in the lake, restoring the fishing piers and shoreline improvements.
- Relocating and rebuilding a new playground in the central portion of the park near the amphitheater.
Read more about the project and exciting renovations coming to Clement Park.
The District is excited to be moving forward on these quality projects to enhance the park so that it continues to be a community asset and one that our community can continue to be proud of and enjoy. If you have any question about these projects, please contact Director of Parks, Colin Insley 303.409-2304 | email@example.com.