On August 22, 2017, the Foothills Board of Directors approved a resolution for the November 7, 2017 Ballot that will ask voters of the District to consider an increase in the operational mill levy by 2.75 mills with a nine year sunset provision. This means that this tax, if approved by the voters of our Community, is only authorized for 9 years and will expire after the 2026 tax year.
The additional funds generated from an approved mill levy increase would assist the District with:
- Maintaining and improving existing District parks and open spaces;
- Extending, connecting and maintaining trails for biking and hiking;
- Improving water conservation and energy efficiency by replacing aging systems;
- Ensuring more parks are accessible to people with disabilities;
- Maintaining a variety of recreational programs for seniors, children, youth and adults.
Informational Resources – to assist you with making an informed decision about this mill levy increase election, the following informational resources are available for your review.
- Mill Levy Informational Handout
- View the Financial Performance of District Facilities, Pools & Parks
- View the Identified capital repair and equipment needs
- Get to know Foothills – a short video about Foothills and our parks, facilities & amenities