Parks, Trails & Greenbelts
Explore your local parks and trails – a great way to find an escape close to home, picnic with the family, exercise, enjoy outdoor play, walk the dog and take in the sights and sounds of nature.
Foothills regional parks serve the largest populations or regions in the District and South Jeffco. These sites are significant for District athletics, tournaments, and special events. They are in a centralized location, are their own entity, offer a wide variety of recreation opportunities and contain the largest amount of acres. At present, Foothills offers four Regional Parks, totaling 637 acres, for you and your family’s use and enjoyment.
Harriman Lake Park
Community Parks typically attract visitors from nearby subdivisions. The focus is meeting community-based recreational needs, as well as preserving unique landscapes and open areas. Foothills manages eight park sites totaling 240 acres.
- Columbine Hills Park – 6001 W. Elmhurst Ave.
- Columbine Sports Park – 7850 S. Kendall Blvd.
- Columbine West Park and Pool – 7046 S. Webster St.
- Deer Creek Park and Pool – 8637 S. Garrison St.
- Harriman Lake Park – S. Kipling Pkwy. and W. Quincy Ave.
- Lilley Gulch Recreation Center Park and Pool – 6147 S. Holland Way
- Sixth Avenue West Park and Pool – 400 Holman Way
- Weaver Hollow Park and Pool – 12750 W. Stanford Ave.
Neighborhood parks are usually located within a single subdivision. Like community parks, each site is specific to the needs of the subdivision, but also to the benefit of the District as a whole. Neighborhood parks serve as a gathering place or focal point within the subdivision. Foothills manages 35 neighborhood parks totaling 446 acres.
All Neighborhood Park Shelters are free and on a first come first served basis.
- Alper’s Farm Park – 6204 S. Moore St.
- Belleview Acres Park – 5420 S. Zinnia Ct.
- Blue Heron Park – 5518 W. Quail St.
- Bobby Hyatt Jr. Memorial Park – 5273 S. Ward St.
- Chaucer Park – 10558 W. Vista View Dr.
- Chief Colorow Park – 6357 S. Estes St.
- Christensen Meadows Park – 9701 W. Columbine Dr.
- Coronado Park – 8051 W. Nichols Ave.
- Dakota Station Park – 9695 W. Chatfield Ave.
- Dancing Willows Park – S. Union St. & W. Long Cir.
- Dewey Haberman Memorial Park – 13900 W. 3rd Pl.
- Eagle Meadows Park – 10576 W. Glasgow Ave.
- Estates Park – 16164 W. Ellsworth Dr.
- Governor James B. Grant Park – 5400 S. Field St.
- Jim Hoida Memorial Park – 11500 W. Texas Ave.
- Lakehurst Park – 4533 S. Miller Ct.
- Lakehurst West Park – S. Queen St. and W. Dumbarton Way
- Lilley Pad Park – 6450 S. Brentwood Way
- Powderhorn Park/Rod Palmer Fields – 11501 W. Coal Mine Ave.
- Sanctuary Park – S. Miller Ct. and W. Glasgow Ave.
- Sgt. Timothy M. Mossbrucker Memorial Park – W. Cross Dr. and S. Xenon St.
- Sledding Hill Park – S. Kipling Pkwy. and W. Ken Caryl Ave.
- Sunrise Creek Park – S. Simms St. and W. Progress Pl.
- Trappers Glen Park – 12000 W. Chenango Dr.
- Valley View Park – 9600 W. Columbine Dr.
- Victory Park – 7501 S. Ammons St.
- Wayside Meadows Park – 7300 W. Elmhurst Ave.
- Weaver Creek Park – 4700 S. Cole St.
- West Laurel Park – 7650 W. Laurel Ave.
- Westbury Park – 10001 W. Burgundy Dr.
- Westfield Park – 10620 W. Marlowe Pl.
- Williamsburg I Park – W. Ken Caryl and S. Kipling Pkwy.
- Willow Creek Park – 9118 W. Chestnut Ave.
- Wingate South Park – S. Garrison St. at W. Ute Ave.
- Woodmar Square Park – 7998 W. Peakview Dr.
Fehringer Ranch Park
- Clement Park Lake Trail – 1.40 mile easy paved loop trail around Johnston Reservoir. Located in Clement Park.
- Dutch Creek Regional Trail – 2-mile easy paved trail. Begins in Leawood Park District’s Weaver Park and heads west to Wadsworth Blvd.
- Harriman Lake Park Trail – 1.43 mile easy to moderate unpaved loop trail around Harriman Lake.
- Hine Lake Trail – 1.10 easy paved/unpaved loop trail around Hine Lake. Located in Easton Regional Park.
- Lilley Gulch Regional Trail – 2 mile easy paved trail. Begins at Pierce St. and heads west through Woodmar Square Park and Lilley Gulch Rec Ctr. to Kipling Pkwy.
- Kipling Trail – 11.55 miles easy paved trail From US Highway 6 South to C-470. The Foothills Section begins at Bellview and continues South to C-470.
- Massey Draw Regional Trail – 1.50 mile easy paved trail. Begins at Columbine Trail (Platte Canyon & Depew) heads west through Columbine Hills Park to Wadsworth Blvd.
- Weaver Gulch Regional Trail – 2-mile easy paved trail. Begins at Harriman Lake Park and heads west through Weaver Hollow Park to Kendallvue Elementary School.
Easton Regional Park
Greenbelts serve usually as trail or wildlife corridors. Foothills manages 21 greenbelts totaling 276 acres.
- Alkire Greenbelt
- Belleview Ridge Greenbelt
- Columbine Knolls South Estates Greenbelts
- Country West Greenbelt
- Donkey Hill Greenbelt
- Dutch Creek Greenbelts
- Eagle Ridge Greenbelt
- East Woodmar Greenbelt
- Friendly Hills Greenbelts
- Grand Drive Greenbelt
- Kipling Villas Greenbelts
- Marlowe Avenue Greenbelt
- Meadows Greenbelts
- Millbrook Greenbelt
- Mount Carbon Estates Greenbelt
- Powderhorn Meadows Greenbelts
- Sixth Avenue West Greenbelts
- Stony Creek Greenbelts
- Vistas at Dutch Creek Greenbelt
- Westbury Greenbelt
- Westridge Greenbelt