Blue Heron Park – Dam Reconstruction Project
- Urban Drainage and Jefferson County are rebuilding the dam to meet new storm water detention specifications and state requirements.
- A new pedestrian trail and bridge will be constructed as part of the project.
- View the Dam Reconstruction Plan
Began: January 2018
Estimated completion: June 2018
More information, contact:
– Colin Insley, Director of Parks Planning and Construction, 303.409.2304 | email@example.com
– John Conn, Jefferson County Transportation and Engineering. 303.271.8496
Additional activity will be occurring at this site in 2018, click to see Improvement Projects information
Dam Reconstruction PROJECT UPDATE: June 8, 2018
- The contractor (American West) is still on track to wrap up the project this month.
- Bridge abutments and outlet structure are complete with the core of the dam replaced.
- The pedestrian bridge is being installed and pedestrian trail should be completed by week of June 11.
- Revegetation should follow and the project should be completed by the end of the month.
- The lake fill will happen when Foothills Park & Recreation District has permission from the state to fill. We hope we can fill it yet this summer, however, it will be contingent on weather and flows in the tributary system. In the meantime, we will leave some fencing in place to detour access to the lake bed.
- This project was made possible with funding from Urban Drainage Flood Control District and Jefferson County.
Clement Park Renovations
- Multi-year renovations have been occurring since 2016. View project details
- Multi-year improvements to existing parks and facilities. View project details