FHPRD is a special district established by Colorado statute. The District encompasses about 24.2 square miles within Unincorporated Jefferson County and serves a population of approximately 93,000 residents (tax-payers). You are a Foothills District resident if you:
- Pay taxes to FHPRD
- Reside in a dwelling within FHPRD boundaries
- Own commercial or residential property within FHPRD boundaries
- Proof will be determined by your current Jefferson County tax statement, a valid driver’s license, or mail addressed to you from utility or phone companies.
District residents receive a discount on fees, but our facilities, classes and events are open to the public
An eligible voter of Foothills Park & Recreation District is:
- Registered to vote in the State of Colorado
- And must be one of the following:
1. A resident of the District; OR
2. A person who is obligated to pay taxes under a contract to purchase taxable property within the District; OR
3. The owner of taxable real or property within the boundaries of the District; OR
4. The spouse or civil union partner of the owner of taxable real or personal property within the boundaries of the District.
To obtain a Permanent Absentee Voter Status for Foothills Park & Recreation District, please submit an application for Permanent Absentee Voter Status to the Designated Election Official, firstname.lastname@example.org; 303-409-2108.
To check on your voter registration status, or register to vote,
contact Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder 303.271.8111 | http://jeffco.us/elections/
To check if your real or personal property is taxed by the District, visit 303.271.8600 | http://jeffco.us/assessor/